Last year, after working for 16+ years in corporate America (I’m older than I look, trust me 😉), I finally “woke up” and realized that I was completely, utterly burned out. I was tired, out of shape, eating poorly, crying daily out of frustration and exhaustion — basically a complete friggin’ joy to be around.
I decided to make a change, to cut the shit and start putting myself first, and it’s made all the difference. I sleep like a baby, I’m getting back into shape (although a broken foot awhile back did slow me down for a little bit — I’m slightly clumsy. . . (where “slightly” means “extremely”)), I eat better, and people enjoy being around me again (or at least they say they do…).
Now I’m a full-time holistic life coach (certified by the University of Wellness) and I help other women to do the same thing I did: take back their lives and put themselves first. Whether you want to strike out on your own and start your own business (while avoiding burnout and reducing stress), or be less stressed where you are, or even if you just need a boost in one or more areas of your life, I’m here to help, and would love to work with you.
Areas of Focus Include:
- Spiritual: the ability to connect with something greater than yourself. When you are spiritually well, you are capable of finding balance, harmony, and purpose in your life and you are able to manage daily stress and setbacks in a healthy manner. I’m here to help you connect with the highest version of yourself, and will guide you through connecting with your own personal purpose. Even if it’s just Oreos. Or kombucha.
- Emotional: the ability to understand and cope with all of life’s challenges. I will help you to understand what is holding you back in your life and guide you to the right resources and education to overcome these obstacles, and help you cope with fear, anger, sadness, stress, love, joy, and happiness. And sass.
- Nutritional: the ability to provide one’s body with good quality nutrition. I am a 2B Mindset Mentor and have the tools and resources to help you get your nutrition straight, as well as help you lose weight along the way, if that’s a goal for you. (Oreos and kombucha included, possibly at the same time)
- Physical: the ability to live each day in a state of physical progression. The path to physical wellness is extremely individualized to incorporate your specific needs, and I will help guide you to discover your own path. Even if it’s just trying to walk into the grocery store without rolling your ankle and breaking your foot (#toldyouIwasclumsy).
- Occupational: the ability to get personal fulfillment from one’s chosen career field while still maintaining his or her life. I will provide you with all the resources you need to live out your career dreams. Whether you’re an artist, lawyer, or musician, I can aid you in making the right career choices. It is never too late to enhance one’s skill set or change directions completely. Training and guidance are the tools I provide to take you to a place where the gifts and talents you possess can be cultivated and shared with those who need them. Whether it’s underwater basketweaving that trips your trigger, or maybe day-trading stocks, or delivering pizza (Who am I to judge? As long as you bring me some!), I’m here to help. And possibly eat some delicious pizza along the way.
- Intellectual: the ability to open one’s mind to new information and education. The desire to learn new trades, improve skills, or get a college degree are intellectual goals. You will be provided with the resources you need to achieve your life goals. Learn to speak Italian, anyone? (yes, please. . . ) Sidenote: I really need to get back to my Rosetta Stone Italian studies because right now I can only count to six. (Rosetta Stone’s all about the baby steps, but I love it.)
- Social: the ability to relate and connect with people in one’s world. Connection with other people is the greatest gift we can give ourselves. I will provide strategies on how to have more meaningful and fulfilling relationships, as well as how to feel more comfortable around new people. Even if you’d rather be at home in your PJs eating popcorn and watching Netflix. Although there’s no shame in a popcorn/Netflix game.